It doesn't help that I'm very angry with our camera. This is our second GOOD camera to break in two years. Doesn't anyone make anything to last anymore? The first really good quality camera we bought just turned up broken one day (one year after we'd bought it and the warranty was useless), and it would have cost more to fix than the camera was worth. So we bought another (different) good quality camera, and one year later the battery stops working. We fix the battery, and one week later the camera itself stops working. Warranty useless again. So right now we're a family of angry pugs whose pictures aren't being taken. Do we buy a new camera? Do we do without a camera altogether in protest of a profit-crazy industry that makes things with cheaper and cheaper parts and labour while raising the cost to the consumer? Sigh...
I slammed my finger in the door this morning and have a purple fingernail now, so I guess I'm a grumpy gus today. The good news is that my boss now lets me bring the babies in to work with me so they sit under my desk at the office all day. Nothing cheers up a bruised camera-less blogger than the sound of pugs snoring.
4 comments:
What kind of camera did you have. And what will you do now?
It's a Casio Exilim 7.2 megapixel, lithium ion battery NP-20.
What now? Good question. I'm going to try taking it into one of those battery stores to "buy" a new battery, and ask if I can test it with my camera right away. If it doesn't work I'll know it's a camera problem, and if it does, I get the battery & problem solved.
Otherwise I guess it's camera #3 for us...
Since you've had that much trouble, one wonders if there's some recourse from the manufacturer. You could do some googling in the forums for your camera. If others are having similar troubles...
For instance I quickly checked and found this problem, "My Casio Exilim S770 won't turn on or charge," with this suggestion,
"Remove the battery, then press and hold on the power button for at least 10 seconds. Then replace the battery and turn on. This is a hardware reset that can be done on most electronics."
No joke, right after I did this, my camera not only turned on but also started charging when I put it back on the cradle! I hope this helps some of you who are having the same problem! :)
http://www.fixya.com/support/t1275540-casio_exilim_s770_turn_or_charge
Good idea - I know that has worked on laptops that have crapped out on me in the past. I just tried it on the camera and still no luck, but maybe I'll try another battery charge before trying the hardware reset again.
I'll probably give the manufacturers a call but I'm guessing I'm out of luck since I don't think there's any way we could find the receipt. But I'll give it a shot - squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Post a Comment