
Yes, Heidi is special. She is our precious girl. She has been with us for three years now, and we can't remember what our life was like before she was a part of it. We had been looking for a pug for a long time, and kept hitting one dead end after another - in Montreal, pugs were being snatched up everywhere and at exorbitant prices. After having left a message of inquiry with
l'Inspecteur Canin in the Laurentides, we found a message on our answering machine saying that they had one pug available. We had wanted a female fawn puppy at an affordable price, so we didn't have our hopes up that this pug would fit that description. I called, and nearly dropped the phone when they said she was just a baby, fawn, and female. How much? $650. "Done!" We made the long drive as soon as we were able, and when we arrived I beat Sharon to the door because I wanted to be the first to lay eyes on our new baby. And there she was, penned in the middle of the room, sitting like an angel looking at me as though she had known I was coming for her. I ran to her, reached into the pen, and lifted her into my arms. I was in love, and so was she, as she immediately set out to biting my face, shirt, fingers, zippers, anything - a habit that didn't wear out until she was about 1. She was charged with energy and was as friendly as I'd ever known a puppy to be. We paid for her and brought her home where she was introduced to our ferrets, Stu and Cody (who have since been adopted into a wonderful ferret family, and where Cody is now Lola after discovering that her sex isn't what was previously thought). After about an hour's play with the ferrets, and a huge meal, Heidi fell fast asleep and lay like a rock even when we tried getting her outside to pee. Stay tuned for Part 2 of Heidi's story next week.
2 comments:
NEXT WEEK ?!!? How can anybody wait that long ?!?! :)
I know, it's a riveting story, isn't it?
Post a Comment