Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Appleball






For my birthday a couple of weeks ago I was told I could do anything I wanted to do. After some serious consideration, I decided that I wanted to buy a bag of apples and hit them with my baseball bat. Fun for the whole family. Heidi and Bea loved seeing the apples explode and chasing after the apple bits. We even took out the baseball glove and took turns trying to catch the bits and getting sprayed with apple sauce. Yes, it was a day to remember. Oh, and take a look at our grass - not bad for no watering and soil that can better be defined as rock.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Madness!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! And yes, the grass looks amazing!
Cara

Anonymous said...

Wow really impressed with the grass ... (you know me, I love grass) :)
... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! (Sharon, what's wrong with you, you didn't warn me ! I thought we had this covered, when someone's birthday is coming up, you tell me!!) Hehehehehe

Calvin said...

Sharon's getting rusty. But rest assured she will remind you about her birthday - it started just last night with "Guess what's in three and a half months!!"

Anonymous said...

Ahahahahahaa ... well technically, it's your job and Mum's job to remind me about Sharon's B-Day .. It's an important system that should not be messed with. :)

Franceen said...

aka "Environmentally-friendly deer-feeding appleball", right?!

Calvin said...

Well, the deer are very welcome to feed on the apples, although they don't seem to frequent the area much - maybe because of all the hunters :( prowling around. We had lots of squirrels and chipmunks going after the bits. But really, I'm secretly hoping to get that horse back...