
1. They look like children, act like children, love like children, cuddle like children, but they don’t need babysitters and never learn to talk back.
2. I need to be kissed about 600 times a day.
3. They have so many bad habits, I can always blame it on the dog.
4. No matter how peeved I am, there’s always a funny face to make me laugh.
5. Who needs all that sleep anyway?
6. It teaches me the temporality of earthly possessions.
7. Little poops easily go unnoticed.
8. Heidi will put up with my complaining a lot longer than Sharon will.
9. It doesn’t matter if they eat something they shouldn’t - you know it’ll just come up again.
10. Soulmates are soulmates, regardless of race, age, gender, or species.
11. A pug only knows how to be happy.
9 comments:
She looks somewhat 'regal' or 'visionary' in this photo. I wonder what she is contemplating...
Well, clearly how to prolong the canoe trip by making it impossible for me to paddle...
Caitlin, I rejoice in you happiness!
Cara
That so sweet Cara! Thanks!
What an emotive picture! And the commentary with it is priceless!
Heidi was being such a sweet baby during that canoe trip. She had been swimming for a bit and the water was so cold that she was shivering on our way back. I was torn between trying to paddle home really quickly, or stop paddling to hold her and warm her up. She insisted on sitting in my lap, so she made that decision for me. It was a definite bonding moment. But it took us forever to get home!
Sorry about the deleted comment thing. That was me. I thought I could just delete the comment and reword it slightly to be clearer. And instead of erasing it completely, all it did was leave this awful "comment deleted" blip. So much for perfectionism. Can't clean up that mess. My apologies. And thanks for filling in the background to that picture. It really must have been such a precious moment. Although probably a very long moment, especially for Sharon, who I assume did most of the paddling to get you all home!
Ha! You'd think so, wouldn't you? No, Sharon did not do most of the paddling home. Sharon likes to BE in the canoe, but not to PADDLE the canoe. We only go out on the condition that I paddle solo. A few minutes after we took that picture Sharon held Heidi while I paddled home. It's an odd system, but it works for us - I get to decide where we go and get lots of exercise, and Sharon gets to relax and enjoy the ride.
Post a Comment