Friday, January 16, 2009

Best Job Ever



At the risk of sounding like the Simpsons' Comic Book Guy, I have to say that I have somehow lucked into what can only be described as the Best Job Ever. It has always been my dream to bring my girls to work with me, and now I can. My boss (and I should be careful what I say here since she has the link to the blog and I don't want to be accused of excessive flattery) seems to want her employees to be happy. Actually happy with their jobs. Since this strategy hasn't been widely tested - at least not in my experience - it's uncertain whether or not this makes good business sense. But so far, being happy at work has increased my productivity and my desire to remain at my desk for eight hours at a time. And whenever my eyes start to hate my computer screen, I can just look under my desk at two beautiful sleeping beauties, and tuck my feet beneath their warm bodies and feel happy again.

Good job + good boss + good girls = one happy worker.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why does making your employees happy seem like it should be a bad thing? And why do employees not fight for that right? Why does productivity traditionally have to come (or at least is believed to come) at the expense of happiness.

I'm jealous.

aaron.

Anonymous said...

Making your employee's ... what was that again, happy ? Such a strange concept.

... Really cool that you can bring your girls to work. They just sit under the desk all day long while you're there or do they walk around the office a litle ??

Also, did you get a new camera in order to take these pictures ?

Anonymous said...

I am also Jelous!!!! My poor boys are at home alone all day while I am at work, I would love to bring them to work with me!!!!!!! Although I think I would play with them all day instead of working!! AHAH

Amy Tazz Tucker

Calvin said...

I know - it's great having them at work with me. They can be a distraction, but only when they want up on my lap or at lunchtime. For the most part they just sleep away at my feet. It came as a relief to see that we really did raise two very good girls. Except that we never taught them not to beg...

I had borrowed my mom's camera for the weekend, with the Pug Party and all.