Friday, March 07, 2008

Heidi's dream car



In the absense of a Pug of the Week profile this Friday, I decided I would post a tribute to Heidi's dream car, a '66 Ford Cobra replica that my uncle built and is selling for $45,000 (about half of the money that went into building it), complete with trailer attachment and custom-painted storage trailer. Although Sharon has listened patiently to Heidi's reasoning on what a sensible and once-in-a-lifetime purchase this would be, alas Sharon has a bad case of estrogen and is unable to understand.
• Classic Roadsters 427 Kit (Fargo at that time)
• Car was constructed and first registered in 2006, single owner
• 5L with 5spd standard transmission, positrac rear end
• Bodywork and paint was done by Diamond Auto Body in Winkler, Manitoba
• Mechanical, fabrication and assembly performed by a qualified Mechanic (Donald B McLaren, Roland, Manitoba)
• American Racing Wheels with spinners (not functional)
• 1200 total and original miles on the car (only registered for 2 seasons)
• Engine, transmission, rear end, suspension and steering column are from a donor car (Mustang mostly - steering column is Chevy). The rest of the car is new. Wiring harness, brake lines, front spindles, fuel lines and tank, chassis, wheels and tires and all body parts, instruments, interior and trim are all new parts.
• Extensive chroming on the engine, otherwise engine is stock
• Carpet (and insulation) throughout both passenger compartment and trunk
• Tilt wheel, CD player
• Remote Power door openers, Remote power deck lid opener, Remote power actuator to open hood (all operated by key fob)
• 1994 California Sidecar trailer
• Large trailer is a 2006 Wells Cargo car hauler, purchased new and specially rigged to hold the cobra and small trailer. Car is stored in the trailer.
• Wells Cargo trailer has less than 500 miles

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So why is he selling it?? Especially at that low low price??
Megs

Calvin said...

Don't know - would have to ask him. But I think he has done this a few times before. He just loves building them, taking them to a few shows, winning a few prizes (with this car, he has won at every show he has taken it to), and then moving on to the next project.

Jason said...

That's crazy talk ... well I understand the flipping of cars, but it's worth SOOOO much more. Just the trailer costs a small fortune !

I'm with Heidi on this one, it's a dream car ..

Calvin said...

I can't stop looking at the pictures. It's like being starving and seeing pictures of your favourite food. At least that's how I explain the drooling.

Here's what I want to know: is it possible to actually be attracted to a car? Because I think I'm in love.

Franceen said...

O.K. so someone's got to provide the estrogen perspective. I absolutely don't get the car thing. Now if you were talking about a "solid-hoofed plant-eating domesticated animal with a flowing mane and tail"- THAT I would understand.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to weigh in on this. First of all to anonymous - you are obviously a girl, and that's why you don't understand - losing money on cars is what guys do. To Jason, I like your attitude, show me the money! To Franceen, you are not meant to get the car thing, that's why guys take care of the cars, and girls take care of the other stuff. To Calvin, get over it and buy a Honda. I'm going for a drive....

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to weigh in on this. First of all to anonymous - you are obviously a girl, and that's why you don't understand - losing money on cars is what guys do. To Jason, I like your attitude, show me the money! To Franceen, you are not meant to get the car thing, that's why guys take care of the cars, and girls take care of the other stuff. To Calvin, get over it and buy a Honda. I'm going for a drive....

Anonymous said...

Ahahahahahahah ... Well said Don .. :)