Thursday, July 05, 2007

Welcome Frank



Frank is the newest member of our Pug Group. He is just 13 weeks old and quite a little character. We look forward to meeting him at our next Pug Party!
*
Frank's mom has a couple of questions for the Pug Group:
*
1. I have been trying to find some small breed puppies that can socialize and play with Frank. There don't seem to be any puppies in our neighbourhood. I thought that joining a puppy class would introduce him to other small breed puppies, but unfortunately there are only labs, retrievers etc that attend his class. He is a little intimidated by these very large boisterous puppies. Do you think that any of the newer members with puppies would be interested in getting together for "play dates"?
2. Also, my husband and I are going on vacation at the end of August and we can't take Frank with us. Can you recommend a good kennel in the west-end of Kingston?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello frank
welcome to the best doggy group in the whole world!! in regards to you first question I am a 2year old pug and my brother is 8 months old and we would love to have a play date with you, just e-mail my mom and she can set it up with your mom. And to you second question, we do not know any good kennals in the area, however, my mom loves pugs and said you could stay at our house with us while your mom and dad are away. Here is my mom's e-mail
tazzmama22@hotmail.com
looking forward to meeting you!!
From Tazz & Guss
(and my Mom Amy)

Anonymous said...

In regards to Frank.
If he is to stay at a kennel , the following needs to be addressed.
How old is he?
Has he had his shots?
Has he had his preventative shots for parvo and kennel cough?
If he is too young for his shots , he cannot stay at a kennel. If a kennel does not require these things, I would think twice about leaving a pet there.
I would be happy to take Frank in for your holidays. As I already have 2 pugs and room.
Please contact me Jpirstl@ctg.queensu.ca

Calvin said...

I'll add to the above comments - Sharon and I are always willing to babysit when we can. I think you know how to reach me :)

Also, Bea is just about 8 months old now and still plays like a puppy (as far as I'm concerned she'll be a puppy until she's a teenager). If you decide to get some puppies together to play, Bea and Heidi would love to come along.

cathypug said...

Hello I guess I will join the line and offer a place for Frank to stay in August. We lost our Great Pug Lucy in Feb and were thinking of giving it another try with Pug sitting for a start. Frank would be spoiled on his holiday with us. We are both retired and so Frank would not be left alone. If you are interested you can let me know. Look at all the great pug people who want to help. Cathy catndogpug@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Frank (& Frank's Parents)

Welcome! I have an 8 month old pug named Henry, and he would LOVE LOVE a playmate. He loves all dogs and people and is so energetic. It'd be great - might tire him out a little! ;)

I would also be more than happy to love Frank while you're on vacation.

Please don't be shy to email me felicity_medwell@yahoo.ca if you'd like to arrange a play date or a sitter.

Anonymous said...

Hi there - a couple of thoughts - it sounds like you have a lot of nice offers for Frank to stay with you - I would also be willing to take him - I have a 2 year old pug(Honey) and a 15 week old boston terrier (Toby). However - if you do ever have to board him and don't want an actual 'boarding'situation - I use Kingston Pet Sitters and they have several interesting strategies if you are needing care - you can set up a home visit file with them and they will come to your home at any time to walk/play/feed your pup (this is good if you find you need to be out of the house for an extended period in the day and cannot take your pug with you). They will also do overnights at your house. Additionaly, they do board but not in a kennel situation - for my pug and my boston they keep the dogs in the house with the sitter. You can reach me at ktufts@joica.jnj.com
if you have any questions.

Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone,
Thank you so much for all of your kind offers to take care of Frank during our holidays. I would love to discuss this further. Adam and I and Frank are looking forward to meeting everyone at the next pug party.
Lea