Like any proud parent, I couldn't help working Beatrice into my most recent article for Geez magazine (click on the above photo to view a larger version). A scene that had played out between us made an excellent introduction to the piece, so I'm absolutely delighted that they published it and I can't wait to get my copy in the mail. In a matter of days, our little Beatrice will enter the homes of readers across North America. What's even better, I submitted a photo of Heidi to accompany the piece in the vague hope that they would publish it. And they did!! Of course I didn't mention that the photo was of Heidi, so in their letter they refer to Beatrice's picture. Now this issue of the publication will truly be a family affair: Moi, the author; Bea, the inspiration; Heidi, the face; and Sharon, the photographer.Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Geez, we're famous!
Like any proud parent, I couldn't help working Beatrice into my most recent article for Geez magazine (click on the above photo to view a larger version). A scene that had played out between us made an excellent introduction to the piece, so I'm absolutely delighted that they published it and I can't wait to get my copy in the mail. In a matter of days, our little Beatrice will enter the homes of readers across North America. What's even better, I submitted a photo of Heidi to accompany the piece in the vague hope that they would publish it. And they did!! Of course I didn't mention that the photo was of Heidi, so in their letter they refer to Beatrice's picture. Now this issue of the publication will truly be a family affair: Moi, the author; Bea, the inspiration; Heidi, the face; and Sharon, the photographer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Not wanting to miss this article, I've bought into the beauty of Geez magazine by subscribing. Better be good! Congrats! Modest honorarium?
Hey, fantastic. You can also look forward to another article (yet to be written) that ought to appear in their next issue as well.
Modest is a good way to put it. Very, very humble. But it's not about the money (if it were, I wouldn't be the kind of writer they're looking for - kind of counterintuitive to the work they're doing). I love the magazine, and I love the opportunity to be a part of its message.
CONGRATULATIONS! Can't wait to see the picture and read the article! We're so proud of you!
Wow, congrats, what an accomplishment, can't wait to read/see it!!
-Barbara,Heather and Pugsly
good job Cait, it's also a good reminder to me to subscribe. I've been meaning to. We're really proud of you.
Cara
Thanks all! I appreciate your encouragement.
Crazy Cool! I'm looking forward to reading it! Now I can tell people that I have 2 famous nieces! (I'll leave out the part about them being dogs!)
Love,
Aunty Meggie
Good job Caitlin ! u rock !
Post a Comment