Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Group Shot


Thanks to everyone who made it out to the Pug Party despite the ugly weather, and once again thanks to M&A for the use of their backyard.

From left to right: Tegan, Ozkar, Peanut, Deuce, Teegan, Samson, Bogart, and Heidi (Abby is missing from this group shot. Believe it or not, between the 12 or so adults present, we simply couldn't catch her.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi All, sorry I couldn't make it to the party but I REALLY hope I don't have to work for the costume party because I am SO looking forward to it!!also I have a question, does anyone know where you would take a dog (pug) in an emergency , is there like a pet emergency room or something? just curious, pugsly is fine, but I've always wondered in case something goes wrong?

Calvin said...

Well just the other night at about 10:30pm I was taking Heidi out for her nighttime walk, and all of a sudden she started screaming with pain. At first I thought her leg was broken. I called the number for the vet nearest me (though I'd never been there before) and they had someone on call service even though no vets were working. When I described what had happened and how much pain Heidi was in, they arranged to have a vet meet me at the clinic in 15 minutes. I think that is standard for many vet clinics - being on call after hours in case of emergency.

In the end, after 4 x-rays, the vet decided Heidi must have either sprained her leg or torn a ligament. He put her on pain killer and anti-inflammatory for a few days to see if it heals itself - if not she may need surgery.

Thankfully Heidi seems to be getting better and better every day. We're trying to keep her from running around as much as we can, but it's REALLY hard with Heidi. She just looooves to run.

Anonymous said...

That is helpful, I should call my vet or the vet that is closer to me and see what their policy is, nothing has ever happened, I just worry in case something does happen, I don't know what to do, and I couldn't live with myself if something happened to little pugsly because I was irresponsible.