Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Early Morning Tea and a Paper



Heidi just loves her morning paper. As you can see, she commits herself to digesting page by page, and every day she looks one day wiser. Just look at the knowledgeable look on her face, as though to say "Will there ever be peace in the Middle East?" OR better yet, "Aaaaah, Bach!" (there's a quarter in it for anyone who can tell me what that's from)...

5 comments:

Franceen said...

I think I'd like to offer a whole dollar, because I recognize that line "ah, Bach" but it's killing me not being able to remember where it comes from!!! aaaagh! Caitlin, please put me out of my misery! Where does it come from?!?!? Wait a minute - I think it's coming to me. Does it come from Mash? Someone was helping Radar appear more cultured in order to impress a nurse, and so Radar was supposed to look very aware and just say knowingly - "Ah... Bach!" Is that right?

Calvin said...

Foiled!

Yes, it's from M*A*S*H - I was hoping to build a little more suspense than that. But I knew it would ultimately be you who got that one. Now, picture Radar saying that, and look back at Heidi's picture - isn't that perfect?!?

You only get a quarter though...

Franceen said...

yay, I'm a whole quarter richer! and yes, Heidi does have a very wise, cultured and superior air in that picture. Reminds me of another M*A*S*H character, now that you mention it. What was his name again? Charles Winston the third, I believe? And how is it that I can remember lines and characters from old sitcoms, but forget whole episodes of my own life? "Ah...Bach!"

Calvin said...

Charles Winchester, I presume...

We remember what's interesting. Episodes on T.V. vs episodes in our own lives is usually no contest.

Franceen said...

Winchester! Yes, that's it - thanks!