Monday, July 12, 2010

School's out for summer!




I (Sharon) have been on summer vacation since June 30th (nananana-nana)! My first week of vacation was spent in Québec at mum's house. A heat-wave struck and we had no AC, but as a consequence we spent day after day in air-conditioned malls, movie theatres, and restaurants. The furbabies entertained themselves by sleeping in sinks, climbing stone BBQs, and playing with cat toys.

My mum and brother came to Perth for the weekend to install a fence along the back side of our property (to keep the dogs and cat in the yard). They ended up crossing 8 items off our "summer to-do" list, including installing the fence and closing other fence holes using chicken wire, removing storm windows, and emptying gutters. THANK YOU mum and Jason!
The next main project is to install a gate at the front of the driveway. The goal is to keep the dogs in the yard while still being able to park 2 cars in the driveway and plough snow. I was originally planning on fencing in the driveway on the left side, but I then realized that much of the lawn would be lost (because we'd have to leave enough driveway width to open car doors). I'm now contemplating the 4 gate options above. Options 1, 2, and 4 involve two swinging gates. Option 3 involves installing a short fence along the left side of the driveway with a single gate opening from the right fence to the new fence. The type of fence I'm currently picturing is a gothic-style white picket fence/gate. I really can't decide on much else though... Any input would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Jason said...

I still think option 1 is the best way to go !

MUM said...

I think that a gate/fence installer could probably suggest an option 5 for optimal in-yard parking and outdoor esthetics but, if not, I also go for option 1 as long at the 2 gates are attached to hinges that go both forwards and backwards.