Sunday, March 07, 2010

Warm fuzzy garbage

When I started looking for craft materials my brother-in-law had the idea of tapping into the discarded fabric samples from the clothing manufacturers in his neighbourhood. For Christmas he gave me a large box filled with squares of all kinds of fabrics and patterns that he got for free, stuff that otherwise would have been sitting in bags in a back alley dumpster. I sewed them together and filled them with an old torn up blanket for the stuffing and presto, a beautiful homemade double-sided quilt, the heaviest warmest blanket a freezer like Sharon could ever wish to have.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Quilt!!! You are quite talented in the crafts department......

Atazzbyckerdison

(Amy, Tazz, Baby, Tucker, Madison)

Jason said...

NO WAY !! Wow that's amazing !

I have another box full ready for when you come down next week. Makes me feel better that you actually found a use for them. :)

Calvin said...

Awesome, more quilts on the way now that I know how to do it!

Franceen said...

Such a beautiful quilt! I'm amazed!