Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Beowulf!

Beowulf, uncle to Heidi and Beatrice, celebrated his first birthday yesterday. This was him as a puppy, about the size of our girls. That didn't last long though.


One of my favourite pictures of Beowulf playing with his brother (and actual half-brother) Kazan. Now, while Kazan looks huge in this picture, Beowulf grew to this size by about 6 months and has already surpassed Kazan in weight by a good 30 lbs.


This was Beowulf at 6 months. I've been looking for a more recent picture of him to give a sense of his current size, but perhaps leaving it to the imagination is more impressive? You can see why I have needed constant reminding that this is his FIRST birthday.

Hope you had plenty of playtime on your birthday Beowulf!

2 comments:

Franceen said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes! Beowulf was VERY happy that a few days before his birthday, his surgery stitches and staples were removed and he was finally able to do royal gleeful battle with Kazan again! Since Mommy has been sick, we haven't really celebrated his birthday yet - we'll probably have a combined birthday event - with presents - for the two birthday boys. I think Beowulf needs more chew-toys. We were out one day last week, and he was in his cage. Said cage was too close to the kitchen table. When I got home, I found the entire plastic tablecloth shredded into tiny pieces inside the cage, while most of the tabletop items - including a telephone and computer - remained magically sitting on the table! Sometimes I wonder what Kazan must be thinking while things like this are going on.

Calvin said...

Great story. Because of Beowulf's size it's hard to remember that he's still just a puppy and things like tablecloths make easy targets. Thank goodness he whipped it out from under the computer - could have been much worse!