Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lost & Found


If Heidi is wearing a particularly guilty expression this morning it's because she crawled under a fence this morning and took off for an adventure on her own. She's hard of hearing so once she takes off there's no calling her back, and I couldn't get through the fence so Bea and I had to go around the block searching for her. Eventually I dropped Bea at home and took off on bike, round and round the neighbourhood trying to find Heidi in the freezing rain for 45 long minutes. This dog will be the death of me. I was so relieved when I was nearing a corner and suddenly spotted Heidi on the sidewalk staring at me, looking wet and muddy and thoroughly guilty. I left my bike on the street, grabbed her, and hugged her and kissed her. Just so glad to have her safely home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I have known your panic. Every time it happens, I have a heart attack. Moose is a RUNNER, the second he feels freedom...GONE. I feel sick when it happens. Glad she's home safe.
Victoria & David
Moose and Marty

Franceen said...

Yes, panic it is! I have felt that with kids and dogs alike. Those moments of lostness are terrifying. I still shudder to think of those times, even years later. I am so thankful that for you as it was for us, all's well that ends well.

Calvin said...

Moose is a runner. Thank goodness our girls are at least lazy.

meghan said...

Yikes! I'm so glad that you found her! Freezing rain and all! Hopefully she's learned a valuable lesson!
Aunti Meghan

Calvin said...

riiiiiiiiight.....