Monday, December 29, 2008

A Very Merry Pugmas

Finally, new pictures of our girls! Our camera has been broken for a month or two now, so I've really been scrounging around for blog content. I'm happy to say that Jason, our family tech guru from www.techienation.com, fixed our camera for us. So we have pictures, pictures, pictures.

First up, Heidi and Beatrice, of course. They've had quite a Christmas this year. Lots of treats, lots of presents (Heidi is a pro at opening gifts), lots of time on lots of laps, and even a couple of vegan people-food meals as a Very Special Treat...

You will notice that Heidi is by far the most ravenous of the two when it comes to people food. She won't even stop to find out what the food is before swallowing. This is in contrast to her typical take-it-or-leave-it approach to dog food (although she has become quite fond of her new vegan dog food). Beatrice, our bumbly little piglet, tends to approach people food with uncharacteristic delicacy. Both were nirvanously happy with their meals, complete with mashed potatoes and gravy, mashed yams, peas, carrots, and a couple of surprisingly popular Brussels sprouts.


Sharon and her Mum, looking radiant as usual.


And me in the castle fort I built while Sharon and her Mum watched a dreadful chick flick (I'm generally great at being a good sport when it comes to stuff like that, but I think most guys would be in agreement that The House Bunny crosses the boundary). Renovations for my castle are scheduled for this afternoon, when Sharon and Mum plan on watching Step Up 2.
More Christmas updates to come...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cal, were you inspired by anyone in particular when you built the castle?

Aaron

Anonymous said...

Ah I missed the castle building !! NOOOOO!!!!!!!

Seriously though, looks like lots of fun.

Calvin said...

Alright Aaron, you and Jon get credit for the idea. But since I didn't get to make that first castle with you guys, I just had to go out in my brand new snowpants and make a castle of my own...

And Jason, I thought you might regret that I didn't think of it while you were still around. Oh well, I'm sure that castle will be here well into spring. After I leave you're free to stake a claim on it.