Thursday, September 04, 2008

Why pugs should not be unsupervised

Beatrice has discovered that she is just barely tall enough to get her tongue onto the surface of the dinner table. With a tongue's reach of about 2 inches, this means she can access crumbs, spills, sauces, cutting boards, veggie trimmings, and even the edge of your plate. She has also discovered that by pulling on table cloths or table runners, she can bring down whatever is up there and there's always a good chance that the table contents include something edible. There are so many challenges that we're facing with Beatrice that we never encountered with Heidi, simply because Bea is a) highly intelligent b) enormously hungry all the time c) creative and innovative, and d) often invisible in a poorly-lit house. We're very proud of our sneaky little monster.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww Bea my little canine genious!
She never ceases to amaze me.

Next time I'm down Bea, I'll teach you some new techniques, although I'm pretty sure you already know them.

- Auntie K & Benny

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm so proud to know you Bea.
Did you realize that if you get up on one of the chairs, you can reach that much further?

Muffin

Calvin said...

Oh, she knows, she knows!