Finally, a chance to update the blog. So, other than my surgery, what have we been up to in the past couple of weeks?

I was pleased to receive an award from Ontario's
YouthLine in Toronto on June 5. I met some spectacular people and made some useful connections, a very rewarding experience.


We had the pleasure of babysitting Annie for some friends of ours. She's a sweet, shy dog who loves people and was able to tolerate four or five days in our nutty pug house. This is a dog who gets daily 10K runs, or something like that. Very athletic parents. The extent of our daily exercise regime is to open the door as often as the dogs want to go out and play. Annie has a mortal fear of cameras. If she sees one or hears one turn on, she is under the bed faster than the shutter can open and shut. It took great effort to get even one or two pictures of her. I hope it wasn't disrespectful of her beliefs or value system.

And of course we had some friends & family over to celebrate my surgery. The kids somehow managed to survive the trampoline, and somehow we managed to retrieve Nate every time he wandered off into the trees.

The girls were exhausted by the end of the day. Heidi and Bea took turns in laps, wearing very tired-looking expressions.

We all drool in our sleep from time to time, no?

In the above picture you can see some of my poison ivy in its not-quite-fully-healed phase. Thankfully I took no pictures of it in its full-blown phase. It was, um, gross.

This is the healed-but-I'm-still-picking-at-it phase. Sharon has grown tired of my obsession with the poison ivy by now. And, being as I took this picture an hour after my surgery, she had other things on her mind and probably figured I should have too. For the record, I had poison ivy on both arms, one hand, my back, and my chin. Yes, I will wear gloves next time I'm clearing brush.
No comments:
Post a Comment