Thursday, March 13, 2008

Will this do?

I have got to start taking more pictures because half the time I've got nothing new to post and have to start scrambling through old files looking for a reasonable picture with a reasonable story that I never got around to posting. This picture was taken a month or two ago, and I'm still not sure I haven't posted it already. Oh well. It's better than no blog entry today, right? Recently, a "not a dog person" friend commented to me that she's far more interested in my postings about people than about dogs. I know, I know, absurd. Still, out of respect for her (she really is a fine person, just a little misguided on that point), I chose a picture with a person in it, my lovely Sharon. Sitting in a hammock, a distinctly human activity, even in the winter (where else are you going to sit?). To add to the human story, the gloves she is wearing were given to her by her coworkers along with a small blanket, since Sharon suffers from an intense dislike of cold and is responsible for her coworkers enduring sweltering heat in the office (while Sharon remains bundled up). If you take her temperature at any given time, she is 2 degrees below normal at 96.6 C. When she has a fever, she's lucky if the thermometer reads normal. I have seen her with all symptoms of fever and still the thermometer shows her slightly below normal. Poor kid probably never got to stay home from school. "But MOM, I swear I'm seeing things. The lamp is talking to me." "Sorry honey, you don't have a temperature so off you go." Sharon often comments that if Hell is supposed to be truly horrifying they should have made it freezing instead of burning. As it is, she says, Hell sounds like a sweet deal. This comment occurs far more frequently in the winter months, especially when I'm overdue to get the woodstove going. That's my human story for the day. Heidi and Beatrice are beautiful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! A human story!:) To be fair, I do like dogs (especially the non-huge-and-scary kind) but just wouldn't want to own one (I'm assuming to be a "dog person" one would have to be okay with owning one!;)). I'm just thrilled to be mentioned in your blog!

Love, you-know-who (aka the "people" person):)

Calvin said...

Haha, I thought I might get your attention :) You get credit for visiting regularly even though you're not a dog person, so I'll give you that.

And to be fair, I'm not a cat person, so I guess we're at odds there. Good to know we're both pretty good at respecting difference :)

Love ya.

Cal