Monday, December 03, 2007

Nice try, Sharon


Since Muffin is already blogging about Christmas, I've got to keep up. Must... not... be... out... blogged...
~
I managed to hold Sharon off until this weekend. From what, you ask? From going Christmas crazy. I'm an absolute scrooge, I hate Christmas. I guess that makes me a terrible person. Unpopular this time of year. But with the first of December, my powers of delay were no match against Sharon's biological urge to celebrate. Into the attic I went, rolling around in cold, stinky, stuffy insulation, tracking down our bits and bobbles and that fake Christmas tree we bought second-hand at the Frip Prix in Montreal three years ago. Then I went outside to cut wood for 6 hours while Sharon did her thing. There are some things I just can't bear to watch; topping the list are birth videos and decorating.
~
So, after that long introduction I'm well on my way to getting to the point. Last night, as I'm preparing dinner, Sharon is fiddling with the tree and plugging it in, using up a ghastly amount of our precious battery power. Who knew Christmas lights use so much energy? Back to the point: "What are you doing?" I ask her, "You're going to drain the battery!" Sharon senses that she has little time to accomplish her task. "Nothing dear," she placates, "Just snapping a quick picture of the dogs under the tree." Hm, I think. Quick picture. Of the dogs. Under the tree. My skepticism is rewarded as sounds of a scuffle ensue. "Heidi! Beatrice! Heidi! Come here! Bea! Sit! Okay, good. NO! Bea! Come! Sit! YES! NO! Heidi! Sit! Stay! Stay! Yes! No! BEA! STOP! Sit! NO! OW! Sit! Yes! Heidi sit! Bea! AUGH!"
~
Sometimes Sharon tells me that in making a point I go on way too long.
~
The point is, when I looked at the camera this morning, only one picture even had a dog in it. I have posted it, in memoriam.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehehehehehe. Well consider yourself lucky that Sharon has accepted the "fake" tree and didn't make you go out in the woods to find one !!!

Also .... you gotta be kidding me, you're using your little battery pack to power the christmas tree ?!?! Isn't that ALL the power you have ?!?!? SHARON !!! C'MON !!! :)

Anonymous said...

Bah!

Go go go Sharon!

Those new (and cheap) LED lights use only a tiny amount of energy - what is your tree bedecked with?

Calvin said...

They're the crappy old kind. I suggested getting new ones, but Sharon doesn't want to redo the whole thing to put on the new energy efficient LED lights. Next year, I guess.

Anonymous said...

This is the best Christmas story ever...I actually spewed coffee out of my nose when I was reading it.

We still didn't get our tree up yet, and being Dec 4 we consider this to be a SERIOUS transgression.

We vote YAY Sharon!